Man and Woman outside

People who have an intellectual disability who want to live more independently may receive support from our Supported Independent Living (SIL) program.

Most of the people supported through the Supported Independent Living program either work or participate in day activities and then receive a few hours of residential support in the evenings.

There is an ongoing high level of demand for residential services and, as a result, there is a waiting list (managed by Developmental Services Ontario) for this support. To learn more about how to apply for residential supports, please visit Developmental Services Ontario at