There has never been a more important time to give!
The revenue generated by Community Living Mississauga fundraising initiatives support every aspect of our work. Our capacity to generate funds from individuals, groups and corporations directly impacts our ability to support individuals who have an intellectual disability to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved today and in the future.
There are several ways you can give to Community Living Mississauga.
If you would like to make an online donation, go to the CanadaHelps website and click the appropriate Fund/Designation. You can also give by phone, mail or fax.
If you would like to make a donation, we provided three convenient options:
- Donate online now through CanadaHelps.org
- Donate by phone – simply call 905-542-2694
- Complete the PDF Version of the Donation Form, print it and mail it to:
Community Living Mississauga
6695 Millcreek Drive, Unit #1
Mississauga, Ontario L5N 5R8
A donation to honour the memory of a loved one or friend who has passed away is a thoughtful way to let others know that you care. An acknowledgement of your donation will be sent to the family or person that you designate.
Acknowledge a special person or celebrate an important occasion in someone’s life. A tribute donation is a meaningful way to say congratulations, thank you or best wishes. We will mail an acknowledgement letter of your gift or send a personalized card on your behalf.
Consider celebrating your special occasion by making your wedding day even more memorable and meaningful. The Wedding Celebration program enables couples to make a donation to honour a loved one or in lieu of wedding favours, gifts to the couple, wedding party, thank you or shower gifts.
Designate Your United Way Contribution
As part of our company’s United Way campaign, you can designate all or part of your contributions to Community Living Mississauga. Using the United Way pledge card indicate that you would like to designate your donation to Community Living Mississauga. Please also include our charitable registration number 10696 2830 RR0002. You may also call your local United Way to arrange for a gift to Community Living Mississauga.
Tell your family and friends to do the same.
Double Your Donation through Matching Gifts
Many companies encourage their employees to get involved with charities and through their Matching Gift Program. Companies will match every donation you make to a designated charity, dollar for dollar. Take the time to ask your employer if they have such a program. Speak to your Human Resources Department to find out how you can work together to build a matching gift program to donate to Community Living Mississauga.
Some organizations that have matching gift programs are:
- Bell Canada
- Campbell Soup Company
- Johnson & Johnson Inc.
- Mark’s Work Warehouse Ltd.
- PPG Canada
- Telus Communications
- Wal-Mart Canada Inc.
Monthly giving is an affordable and effective way to make a difference by reducing our administrative costs and providing us with stable funding all year round. Your pre-authorized, regular monthly deduction from your bank account or credit card will support the work of Community Living Mississauga. Simply choose the amount to give, whether it’s $20, $25 or more, and you can alter or cancel your payments at any time.
Benefits of joining the Living Plan
- Registering gives you an opportunity to provide support throughout the year in a convenient, worry-free format;
- You specify an affordable amount that doesn’t interfere with your regular monthly budget;
- You won’t receive regular mail appeals, saving us paper and administrative costs;
- Payments will be debited from your bank account or credit card on the last business day of each month, allowing you to keep accurate records;
- You can alter or cancel your payments at any time by notifying us at email@example.com, or by calling Joanna Okolisan at (905) 542-2694 ext. 22307.
Join Living Plan now by choosing one of the following options:
- Call our Joanna Okolisan at (905) 542-2694 ext. 2307.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are interested in Living Plan and when you are available by telephone. Someone from our Resource Development Team will contact you to obtain your personal information.
- Fill in the Monthly Living Plan section of the printable Personal Donation form and fax or mail it to:
Community Living Mississauga
6695 Millcreek Drive, Unit #1
Fax – (905) 542-0987
Community Living Mississauga Foundation offers a Planned Giving Program which is designed to help those who want to contribute something meaningful and lasting to our agency. As life unfolds, some people are able to make their gift of a lifetime – a legacy of hope for the future. Planning such an ultimate gift can be one of the most satisfying and exhilarating experiences of your life.
Your gift can be accomplished in a number of creative ways – each one of them a flame of hope for the future.
Gifts for the Present
- Outright Gift: Although most outright gifts are made in cash, anything of value may be given – including treasury bills, mortgages, GICs and mutual funds.
- Appreciated Property: A tax-effective way to give. Capital gains tax is reduced by 50%.
Gifts for the Future
- Charitable Bequest: An easy way to make a gift. Simply leave the Community Living Mississauga Foundation in your will. The gift can be a specific amount, percentage or residual.
- Life Insurance: By designating the Community Living Mississauga Foundation as the owner and beneficiary of a paid-up, current or new policy, you will be able to make a significant future gift without diminishing your estate.
- Endowment Gifts: Your donation of at last $25,000 can leave a lasting legacy. To learn more about setting up an endowment please contact the Resource Development Department
Gifts that Give Something Back
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Provides both a gift to help support individuals who have intellectual disabilities and guaranteed, regular, equal payments for the rest of your life that can be 100% tax-free.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: You irrevocably transfer ownership of a substantial asset to a trustee, but you retain the right to income from the trust. In the end, the principle in the trust becomes your gift to Community Living Mississauga.
- When considering a planned gift to the Community Living Mississauga Foundation, please consult your legal counsel and/or financial advisor to ensure the most appropriate form of gift for your financial situation.
For more information, please contact Joanna Okolisan at (905) 542-2694 ext. 2307 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Organize an Event in Your Community
Hosting your own fundraising or awareness event can be a unique and meaningful way to make a difference and benefit others. If you are looking for a great way to support Community Living Mississauga, why not organize a third party event. This is an event organized by you, however big or small, where the proceeds are donated to Community Living Mississauga.
Fundraising is an important part of Community Living Mississauga’s activities that help sustain unfunded programs for individuals who have an intellectual disability and their families.
Here are some examples of successful third party events:
- Bowling Tournaments
- Wine/Cheese Parties
- Golf Tournaments
- Endurance Challenges
Community Living Mississauga hosts a number of events throughout the year. These present a great opportunity for companies to increase their profile while supporting a great cause.
To learn how you can be a sponsor of upcoming Community Living Mississauga events, please contact Joanna Okolisan at (905) 542-2694 ext. 2307 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.