Community on Campus is designed to provide an opportunity for adults from 21 years of age to 30 to participate in activities of their choice on campus at The University of Toronto at Mississauga.
These activities could include, but are not limited to, auditing classes, enhancing literacy skills, volunteering, and increasing physical fitness, socializing with friends or developing computer skills. Individualized schedules are created based on what each participant wants to achieve.
One staff coordinates the schedules and activities while one-to-one support is provided by volunteer students. Participants can spend up to a maximum of 16 hours per week on campus for a period of three years
Hours of operation
Community on Campus operates from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday through the year (excluding school holidays and closures).
Who is eligible
People whose eligibility for service has been confirmed by Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) and who are:
- Between the ages of 21 and 30 years old
- Not currently attending a secondary school
- Are residents of Mississauga
- Able to attend the program a minimum of eight hours per week
- Able to arrange for their transportation to and from the campus
- Interested in taking part in the activities that are available on campus
- Willing to comply with the guidelines and expectations of the program
How to get involved
- Interested individuals must apply through Developmental Services Ontario (DSO).