Community Living Mississauga Foundation offers a Planned Giving Program which is designed to help those who want to contribute something meaningful and lasting to our agency. As life unfolds, some people are able to make their gift of a lifetime – a legacy of hope for the future. Planning such an ultimate gift can be one of the most satisfying and exhilarating experiences of your life.
Your gift can be accomplished in a number of creative ways – each one of them a flame of hope for the future.
Gifts for the Present
- Outright Gift: Although most outright gifts are made in cash, anything of value may be given – including treasury bills, mortgages, GICs and mutual funds.
- Appreciated Property: A tax-effective way to give. Capital gains tax is reduced by 50%.
Gifts for the Future
- Charitable Bequest: An easy way to make a gift. Simply leave the Community Living Mississauga Foundation in your will. The gift can be a specific amount, percentage or residual.
- Life Insurance: By designating the Community Living Mississauga Foundation as the owner and beneficiary of a paid-up, current or new policy, you will be able to make a significant future gift without diminishing your estate.
- Endowment Gifts: Your donation of at last $25,000 can leave a lasting legacy. To learn more about setting up an endowment please contact the Resource Development Department
Gifts that Give Something Back
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Provides both a gift to help support individuals who have intellectual disabilities and guaranteed, regular, equal payments for the rest of your life that can be 100% tax-free.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: You irrevocably transfer ownership of a substantial asset to a trustee, but you retain the right to income from the trust. In the end, the principle in the trust becomes your gift to Community Living Mississauga.
- When considering a planned gift to the Community Living Mississauga Foundation, please consult your legal counsel and/or financial advisor to ensure the most appropriate form of gift for your financial situation.
For more information, please contact Joanna Okolisan at (905) 542-2694 ext. 2307 or e-mail her at email@example.com.