In the coming year, Community Living Mississauga will face many challenges due to the changes taking place in the Social Services sector.
The ongoing lack of adequate funding for social service organizations in Peel continues to pose great risks to the quality of the supports and services upon which many people depend.
- Over 600 people are on a provincial waiting list for additional funding for day supports. Many of these families do have funding but it barely covers one day a week of support
- Because of historical provincial funding formulas, Adult Services funding is still only approximately half of the Ontario average.
- Close to 1000 people are on a waiting list for some type of residential support. Many of these families because of the age of the parents have identified their situations as critical
Community Living Mississauga cannot possibly solve many of these issues alone, but with your generous donations some pressures may be reduced with assistance by:
- Providing additional funding to families to purchase respite support
- Continuing to operate leisure and recreation programs
- Assisting families whose family members participate in our day programs by keeping the cost down to a reasonable amount so they can spread their funding to cover additional days of support
- Explore new opportunities for our employment programs so that more individuals who have an intellectual disability can break the cycle of poverty and take their rightful place in today’s workforce
With the uncertainty of future funding for Community Living Mississauga and the financial pressures that families are facing we are asking you, our donors for assistance.
Every donation whether big or small, matters! Community Living Mississauga must continue to be a leader in offering programs and services that support individuals in community inclusion, participation and improvement in their quality of life.
Today, we once again ask that you consider supporting Community Living Mississauga by making your gift of $50, $75, $125, or a special monthly gift today.
If you would like to make a donation, we provided three convenient options:
- Donate online now through CanadaHelps.org
- Donate by phone – simply call 905-542-2694
- Complete the PDF Version of the Donation Form, print it and mail it to:
Community Living Mississauga
6695 Millcreek Drive, Unit #1
Mississauga, Ontario L5N 5R8
Together, we can make a difference and your commitment will make it happen!
Dorothy Martel, President Keith Tansley, Executive Director