Every year Community Living Mississauga reaches out to our families, local businesses, and the caring citizens of Mississauga to raise funds that provide extra support for individuals and families. We do this through a variety of ways such as membership campaigns, general donations and monthly donor programs. Through the Community Living Mississauga Foundation, we also generate financial resources through our annual golf tournament, our annual Tribute Dinner and third-party events – where committed Mississaugans hold events that not only raise valuable funds, but also help us spread our message of being an inclusive community where everyone belongs.
At the March Board of Directors meeting, the Board members of Community Living Mississauga and the Community Living Mississauga Foundation approved an unprecedented $364,000 of fundraised dollars to provide programs that enrich the lives of individuals and families we support.
A portion of this funding will go towards our Children and Teen summer programs. Through our strategic planning process, we clearly identified that families felt a greater need for organization driven programs and also that the two weeks of support they might receive in the summer fell short of their needs. Through the strategic planning process, we set some multi-year targets to ensure that we can achieve these goals. Last year we were able to accomplish several milestones:
- We increased the number of families that receive direct funding to purchase their own support
- We increased the number of teens and children who attend Community Living Mississauga-operated summer programs
- Most people attending Community Living Mississauga-operated programs were offered up to three weeks of summer programs
As we move into the summer of 2014, we are pleased to once again implement some enhancements:
- Increase the number of teens and children who attend Community Living Mississauga-operated summer programs
- Endeavour to offer up to four weeks of support to people attending Community Living Mississauga-operated summer programs
While we are on track, we have more work to do over the next few years to continue to reach our goals. This would not be possible without the major support of families, people and businesses in Mississauga, our major event committees and the commitment of our Board of Directors.