Community Living Mississauga provides residential support for individuals who have an intellectual disability in Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Manager, this position is responsible for both the individualized support of individuals as directed in their personal support plans as well as for demonstrating leadership, accountability and the ability to mentor within a support team. The Team Leader is responsible for but not limited to the following responsibilities and qualifications:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct (may include personal care as required) and indirect support to individuals as required
- Mentor and role model to ensure that the team is actively working on goals for each individual as identified through the Outcome process and promote Social Capital
- Monitor day to day activities in relation to the quality and dignity of support being provided to individuals
- Work closely and liaise with the Manager in identifying all needs, or any issue preventing quality support to individuals
- Role model professional behavior that is consistent with the agency values
- Resolve conflict and build trust with individuals supported, families, co-worker and management team
- Problem solve and collaborate with co-workers and manager as necessary in seeking solutions to day to day and ongoing issues
- Coordinate and ensure completion of legislative requirements such as Health & Safety Inspections, monthly critical checklists, etc.
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation for household finances
- Mentor and role model good Health and Safety practices
- Responsible for orientation of support staff in accordance with the onsite Orientation Process
- Identify, communicate and assist as required to address scheduling needs as they relate to individual supports
- Responsible for the day to day budgeted expenditures and to follow and adhere to Community Living Mississauga’s financial accountability processes
- Oversee and contribute to the day to day home maintenance ensuring that it is safe, clean and maintained in an image enhancing manner and ensure that the maintenance/repair protocols are followed
- Ensure that vehicle and all equipment is maintained as per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Ensure seasonal protocols are followed
- Other record keeping as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma or equivalent (Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, B.A. in Social Sciences, or B.A. in unrelated area plus 1 year experience in social services field)
- Ability to mentor and model Community Living Mississauga’s Vision, Mission, Philosophy and Values and effectively incorporate them into the day to day operations of the agency.
- Ability to provide individualized support (including providing personal care)
- Sound knowledge of the Personal Outcome Measures Process and the ability to build Social Capital on behalf of individuals being supported.
- Leadership skills
- Conflict resolution and crisis management skills
- Effective time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate completion of administrative tasks such as completion of all paperwork, Health and Safety inspections etc.
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and insurance.
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate is required
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong computer skills
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset
This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
We provide competitive compensation/benefits packages and paid training opportunities. While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Community Living Mississauga Attention: Human Resources Ref # CLM – Team Leader Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.