A person in the Support Worker (Service Coordinator) Maternity Leave Contract position is responsible for the service coordination and support for individuals who have an intellectual disability and their family. Community Living Mississauga provides support to over 1000 families within Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Manager, this position is responsible for the individualized service coordination of individuals as specified in the caseload.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service coordination support to individuals who have an intellectual disability and their families with goal to promote independence.
- Knowledgeable of individuals verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques, and encourages self-expression of individuals who receive support.
- Completes essential job duties in a thorough and detailed manner.
- Remains current and informed regarding organizational information.
- Knowledgeable and pursues resources available in the community.
- Promotes community inclusion.
- Ensures budget expenditures for each individual are according to approved budget.
- Knowledgeable of standards set by the organization in terms of Personal Outcome Measures and ensures these are maintained or improved.
- Ensures the “Minimum Standards Guidelines” are maintained above the “adequate level” for each individual.
- Problem solving with individuals, families etc.
- Utilizes/develops new techniques, options or approaches to supporting individuals.
- Demonstrates on an ongoing basis an understanding and application of the concepts related to CPI/NVCI.
- Knows and follows emergency back up system procedures.
- Demonstrates effective use of technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma or equivalent (Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, B.A., in Social Sciences and/or B.A. in unrelated area plus 1 year experience in the social services field).
- Previous experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance.
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate is required.
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset.
** This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
We provide competitive compensation/benefits packages and paid training opportunities.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Community Living Mississauga
Attention: Human Resources Ref # CLM – Service Coordination
1-6695 Millcreek Drive
Mississauga ON L5N 5R8
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.