Community Living Mississauga is a non-profit organization, which provides support to individuals who have an intellectual disability so that their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM:
The Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) provides students ages 16-21 the opportunity to gain supported work experiences at various job sites in Mississauga. The focus of the program is on work experience opportunities for inclusion and tasks that develop work-related skills and increase independence.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Job Coaches help students identify and locate placements through job development techniques. Job Coaches support students on their placements as they learn their job responsibilities and routine. Job Coaches will help students integrate and develop natural connections in the workplace.
- Minimum one (1) year of post-secondary education in a related area of study
- Valid Driver’s license, minimum of $1 million liability and use of a reliable vehicle
- Current Driver’s Abstract
- Valid Standard First Aid/Level C CPR Certificate
- Valid Police Check/Vulnerable Sector Search
- Cellular Phone
- Experience supporting individuals who have an intellectual disability
40 hours/week, for up to 12 weeks (June 2nd – August 22nd, 2014)
Rate of pay- *$12.00/ hour (*pending funding approval)
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your cover letter, resume and Quote Job # CLM-SWEP by March 1st, 2014 to:
Rose Disano, HR Recruiter
Community Living Mississauga
6695 Millcreek Drive, Unit #1
Mississauga ON L5N 5R8
Tel: 905 542-2694 ext. 4243
Fax: 905 542-1271