Community Living Mississauga is a non-profit organization that assists people who have an intellectual disability to identify and achieve their goals and interests. Our individualized supports are based on the belief that all people can participate and contribute to their community.
Community Living Mississauga is seeking applicants to fill the immediate position of Community Living Supports Manager.
The Community Living Supports Manager is responsible for the overall operation of specifically assigned Community Living Mississauga group homes and supported independent living locations. Working under the guidance of a Director, this position is responsible for ensuring high quality support is being provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generally knowledgeable of individuals verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques, and encourages support workers to promote self-expression of individuals who receive support
- Remains current and informed regarding broader organizational information
- Interprets Basic Assurances and Shared Values data and develops actions plans where required.
- Maintains a visibility profile in the location responsible for equivalent to 40% of scheduled time (including day, evening and weekends)
- Participates in strategically identifying operational trends and responds accordingly
- Works diligently to create strong team based cultures within staffing groups by way of establishing team norms, goal planning, regularly planned meeting, effective communication strategies and conflict resolution skills
- Proactive identification of recruitment needs and assist with hiring of support staff/team leaders
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate schedules for each location responsible for based on support needs
- Responsible for completing payroll for each location under supervision
- Is knowledgeable of all applicable legislation/policies and consistently applies and enforces and seeks assistance where unclear or required from Director or Human Resources Department
- Consistently participates as a trainer for or represents Community Living Mississauga in presentations as assigned by Director
- Participates in budget development and manages budget expenditures of all assigned cost centres to ensure effective use of all resources and fiscal accountability.
- Identifies staff performance issues in a timely manner and utilizes all resources to address them
- Oversees Team Leader progress on documentation and ensures completion in a timely manner
- Demonstrates, on a annual basis (minimum), an understanding of and application of the concepts related to CPI
- Completes essential job duties thoroughly in a timely manner as per established target dates
- Demonstrates effective use of technology
- Engages in collaborative problem solving approach with individuals, staff, families, colleagues and Director to seek solutions day-to-day issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A recognized University degree or two year post secondary education in a related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory or leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, effective negotiation and delegation skills
- Prior experience working with Personal Outcome Measures and Social Capital an asset.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G/ G2) access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate is required
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset
** This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
We provide competitive compensation/benefits packages and paid training opportunities.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Community Living Mississauga
Attention: Human Resources,
Ref # CLS-MGR
1-6695 Millcreek Drive Mississauga ON L5N 5R8
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.