The Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of the Employment Resource Centre. Working under the guidance of the Community Living Support Manager, Day Supports, this position is responsible for ensuring high quality support is being provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
- To model Community Living Mississauga’s Vision, Mission, Philosophy and Values.
- To provide strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and accountability in a team environment for staff working in the Employment Resource Centre.
- To meet and maintain the agency’s expectations related to achieving outcomes for each person supported.
- To support individuals to find and maintain meaningful employment, volunteer placements or work experience.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the Employment Resource Centre, ODSP-ES as well as Job Path program.
- Provide coaching and supervision, conflict resolution opportunities, cultivates skill building in others, and manage employee relations.
- Create strong team based culture including team norms, set of goals, effective communication strategies, conflict resolution ability and regularly planned meetings.
- Responsible for performance management of each staff member including completion of annual Performance Appraisal.
- Responsible to meet quarterly with each staff member, through the established Formal Coaching meeting that is well documented and has measurable, established goals that are tracked and reported on.
- Manages budget expenditures of all assigned cost centres, thereby ensuring the effective use of all resources and accountability for expenditure in their assigned areas.
- Ensure all legislative compliance requirements are met including Health and Safety, Human Rights, Funders, Municipal requirements, Ministry of Labour etc.
- Schedule and managing all staff hours of work; including completing payroll for each location under supervision.
- Build community partnership, employer connections, promote the Employment Resource Centre.
- Monitoring of programs based on results vs. targets. Visibility may be required in off-hours including both evenings and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma or
- Equivalency: Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, B.A. in Social Sciences, or B.A. in unrelated area plus 5 years experience in social services field
- Minimum 3 years of working with individuals who have an intellectual disability
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, coaching and supervisory principles in a changing environment including effective delegation; motivation of staff; conflict resolution and crisis management
- Concrete knowledge of or experience in Employment Resources including ODSP-ES
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G) and insurance as well as access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and computer skills
- Fluent in French
**This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
We provide competitive compensation/benefits packages and paid training opportunities. While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Community Living Mississauga
Attention: Human Resources Ref # CLM – Supervisor
1-6695 Millcreek Drive
Mississauga, ON L5N 5R8
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.