The Community Living Day Supports Supervisor is responsible for the overall operation of a specifically assigned Community Living Mississauga Day Support location. Working under the guidance of the Day Support Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring high quality support is being provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generally knowledgeable of individuals verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques, and encourages support workers to promote self-expression of individuals who receive support
- Completes essential job duties thoroughly in a timely manner as per established target dates.
- Remains current and informed regarding broader organizational information
- Develops actions plans where required.
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities to create partnerships and lasting relationships with customers, community partners and/or employers.
- Represents Community Living Mississauga professionally at all times while presenting, networking or engaging with colleagues outside of the agency.
- Participates in strategically identifying operational trends and responds accordingly
- Works diligently to create strong team based cultures within staffing groups by way of establishing team norms, goal planning, regularly planned meeting, effective communication strategies and conflict resolution skills
- Proactive identification of recruitment needs and assist with hiring of support staff
- Establishes good working relationships with families, employers, community partners and other professionals while advocating for the best possible supports.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate schedules for each location responsible for based on support needs.
- Engages in collaborative problem solving approach with individuals, staff, families, colleagues and Day Support Manager to seek solutions of day-to-day issues
- Responsible for completing payroll for each location under supervision.
- Is knowledgeable of all applicable legislation/policies and consistently applies and enforces and seeks assistance where unclear or required from Day Support Manager or Human Resources Department.
- Manages budget expenditures of all assigned cost centres to ensure effective use of all resources and fiscal accountability.
- Identifies staff performance issues in a timely manner and utilizes all resources to address them
- Demonstrates, on an annual basis (minimum), an understanding of and application of the concepts related to CPI
- Demonstrates effective use of technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Developmental Services Worker diploma or Equivalent (Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, B.A. in Social Sciences, or B.A. in unrelated area plus 5 year experience in social services field)
- Minimum 3 years of working with individuals who have an intellectual disability
- Minimum of 1-3 full time relevant work experience at a supervisory level in a human service organization
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, effective negotiation and delegation skills
- Experience working with Personal Outcome Measures and Social Capital
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate is required
- Previous experience with staff scheduling and performance management preferred
- Prior experience relating to day supports area of responsibility preferred
- Fluent in French an asset
This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
We provide competitive compensation/benefits packages and paid training opportunities. While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Community Living Mississauga Attention: Human Resources Ref # Day Supports Supervisor 1-6695 Millcreek Drive Mississauga ON L5N 5R8 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.