POSITION DESCRIPTION: Business Development Manager
Superior Packaging is a business supported through Community Living Mississauga that specializes in custom packaging and light assembly, point of purchase displays, fully automated shrink wrapping, bagging, collating and labeling and employs individuals who have an intellectual disability.
KEY FEATURES OF POSITION:
To plan and carry out direct sales and marketing activities, so as to maintain current contracts and develop new accounts in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Maintain Finances including accounts payable and receivable
- Planning responsibilities include working closely with Operations Manager
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (requires some flexibility)
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality and Community Development
- Adheres to organization’s values and beliefs.
- Commits to ongoing professional development and represents the organization and Partnership Business in the community.
- New business and service development
- Works collaboratively with Operations Manager
- Develop and maintain a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to manage prospective clients.
- Meet monthly sales targets and performance indicators as set out in the business plan
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timelines.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts
- Respond to and follow up with sales enquiries by post, email, telephone, and personal visits.
- Develop strategic partnerships that enhance the business activities of Superior Packaging
- Maintain existing and develop new customer relationships through planned initiatives in relation to the business plan.
- Prepare documents and negotiate contracts for customers
- Delegate and oversee price estimates
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Ensure that the Partnership Business values are forefront in decision-making process.
- Manage fiscally responsible budget
- Attend and participate in business associations, including the Mississauga Board of Trade and others
- Manage financial and currency processes and transactions in accordance with policy and law, and to optimise cost-effectiveness of activities
- Comply with organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop internal controls and standard operating procedures to ensure quality control
- Ensure the compliance with all workplace health and safety regulations and policies
- Make purchases as approved by Director
- Monitor and report on deficits, sales, projected sales and provide relevant management information and recommendations each quarter.
- Participates in staff meetings to communicate information and resolve problems.
- Prepares and distributes memos and updates (via internal email) to communicate issues of concern directly to management.
- In conjunction with Operations Manager, balance new work with in house capacity
- Participate in weekly meetings with Director
- Participate in all staff training seminars or speaking presentations as requested
- A recognized University Degree or two years post-secondary education in a related field (Business Administration, Business Management)
- Experience developing a core business strategy
- 5 years experience in sales, marketing, communications, social and digital media
- Experience in leading business development activities with accountability for achieving monthly sales targets
- Able to understand diversity and cultural differences
- Good interpersonal and people skills a must
- Proficient with PC computer MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Must be effective in time management and must be able to multitask.
- Strong and effective organization, time management, communication (oral and written) problem solving, and leadership skills required
- Must be a team player
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and own reliable vehicle including required vehicle and liability insurance
- Knowledge of Packaging and Assembly industry an asset
- Fluent in the French Language (or other second languages) is an asset
To apply, please send resumé and cover letter by October 17, 2014 to:
Community Living Mississauga
Attention: Human Resources
Ref #CLM-Business Development Manager
1-6695 Millcreek Drive Mississauga ON L5N 5R8