The Accounting Clerk- Day Supports is responsible for the clerical support to the Day Support department for Community Living Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring high quality support is being provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes essential job duties thoroughly in a timely manner as per established target dates.
- Remains current and informed regarding broader organizational information
- Knowledgeable and pursues resources available in the community.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Day Supports area including billing, processing invoices, purchase of supplies, petty cash/budget expenditures, providing documents and reports, administrative tracking, letters/mailings and entering of legislative requirements information
- Responsible for the professional documentation of and general administrative support for team meetings, trainings, workshops etc. (i.e. set up, minutes, agenda).
- Provide general administrative support including photocopying, faxing, emailing, form updates, room booking schedule etc.
- Tracks service agreements and notify Manager in a timely manner of any discrepancies.
- Review documentation and ensure all amounts, payments and general information is accurate
- Identify barriers to prompt payment or processing of documentation required by position and works to proactively resolve barriers.
- Completes data entry and in a timely and accurate manner.
- Files all documentation in a timely manner
- Responsible for the completion of central file documentation management for Manager’s team.
- Demonstrates effective use of technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates independent problem solving skills
- Acts as a back-up/support as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A recognized certificate or post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting or Office Administration.
- A minimum of 3 years full time relevant work experience with Finance, Accounting or Office Administration.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit or charitable organization.
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent organizational skills with ability to apply time-management with close attention to detail and time lines in a changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include multiple work locations.
- High computer proficiency in programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), databases, etc.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and all communication skills (oral and written).
- Standard First Aid/CPR from St. John’s Ambulance at time of hire.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance.
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset.
** This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
We provide competitive compensation/benefits packages and paid training opportunities.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: Community Living Mississauga Attention: Human Resources Ref # CLM – ACDS
1-6695 Millcreek Drive
Mississauga ON L5N 5R8
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.