The Administrative Assistant, Finance is responsible for the administrative support in the Finance department for Community Living Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Controller, this position is responsible for ensuring high quality support is being provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remains current and informed regarding broader organizational information
- Knowledgeable and pursues resources available in the community applicable to position
- Demonstrates independent problem solving skills
- Demonstrates effective use of technology
- Provides support to the Finance team as needed
- Review documentation and ensure all amounts, payee and general information is accurate
- Ensure all documentation is attached to requests
- Ensure signatures and approval are obtained by the proper parties and in a timely manner
- Completes A/P and A/R data entry in a timely and accurate manner
- Files all documentation in a timely manner
- Identify barriers to prompt payment or processing of documentation required by position and works to proactively resolve barriers
- Liaises with outside vendors, agencies or individuals to ensure payments, contracts, invoices etc. are up to date and accurate
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A recognized certificate or Community College diploma in Finance, Accounting or related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years full time relevant work experience at an administrative level
- Prior experience working with non-profit/charitable organizations
- Demonstrated ability to apply time-management in a changing environment including effective conflict resolution
- High computer proficiency in programs such as MS Office (word, excel, outlook), ACCPAC etc.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance
- Fluent in French an asset
*This job posting is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by January 31, 2016 to:
Community Living Mississauga Attention:
Human Resources Ref # CLM – 623
1-6695 Millcreek Drive
Mississauga ON L5N 5R8
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.